2011年1月27日 星期四

Japanese Writing Projects

This is a promotion card of Dai-ichi Japanese Language and Culture School. The school name “第一should be originally translated into “number one” in English. However, they use Romaji “Dai-ichi” to replace it because they want to emphasize the word as well as the Japanese language school in order to attract people.





These two photos was taken from「優の良品」(Aji Ichiban). They are two famous band of chocolate in Japan. They use Japanese including katakana, hiragana, romaji and kanji in the cover because they want to promote the product to different kind of people and emphasize the products are made in Japan. Besides, the cute Japanese word could also catch people’s eyes.







8 則留言:

  1. Amy san,

    It is very interesting analysis of the language school!!!
    Dai-ichi is a Japanese word, so it is easy for people to know that is somehow related to Japanese language or country!

    回覆刪除
  2. エイミーさん
    I also studied at Dai-ichi school a year before!! Just because of busy life preparing for AL exam, I stopped learning at that school.
    It was a happy memory to study with my friends and some nice teachers!

    回覆刪除
  3. 作者已經移除這則留言。

    回覆刪除
  4. I learned my Japanese at nikkei Japanese school...
    I also stop my study of Japanese before because of the AL exam...
    It's nice to meet you and other classmate~~

    回覆刪除
  5. I think the case of "雪の調べ" is interesting Although this one may want to use kanji to catch the attention of the foreigners, especially the Chinese, the foreigners may not know the meaning of 調べ (note or melody?) (even to the Chinese)

    回覆刪除
  6. ar...Your view point on "雪の調べ"is interesting.I haven't thought about that=] However, what's the meaning of 調べ in japanese??

    回覆刪除
  7. しらべ【調べ】

    〔楽曲〕a tune; 〔音色〕a note; 〔旋律〕a melody

    reference:
    http://dictionary.goo.ne.jp/leaf/je2/37034/m0u/%E8%AA%BF%E3%81%B9/

    回覆刪除
  8. Re Amy Leung

    You have good observations.
    In fact, do you like eating sweets? I do! 美味しい~


    Reれいか& Eddy Chan

    I have similar experience with you! AL curriculum is too busy for me, and I had to give up other courses. I miss my teacher & classmates too~

    回覆刪除